Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010 Complete!

Well, I did it. I persevered through the month. It was a challenge at times with birthday parties and traveling and many almost sleepless nights in a row. It was a journey well worth it though. I haven't quite finished the novel completely. It still needs another few chapters to tie up the end but I will finish that before the end of the week. I just might not write *quite* so many words per day.

My official Microsoft Word count is actually 50,440. For some reason, when I scrambled  my work and submitted it to the counting gods on the NaNo website, it only counted it at 50,089. My personal count, less the "Day XX" headings to keep track, is actually 50,387. No matter which way you count it though, I made it! Huzzah! Hip, hip, horray!

And to celebrate, I ate a piece of pumpkin pie. Yum. :)

I will eat another celebratory piece and perhaps do a dance as well when I finish the first draft of this novel completely. Then, I'll take a day off.

Meanwhile, it's Nutcracker week, Ellie's surgery week, and apparently...my first clarinet student for lessons week! Because as we all know, it's Murphy's Law that I would end up with a bazillion things to do on top of the quadrabazillion I already have to do this week.

However, most importantly...

I'M A WINNER!!!!!!!! 2010 NaNoWriMo, I am proud to have accepted and completed the challenge.

Phew. Now to bed I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a name with your comment.