Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Furry Family Member! :D

For those of you who don't know, I have wanted a bunny-rabbit since I was a young child. I have waited until I was both old enough and stable enough (strange as it sounds) to make the commitment to a rabbit.

And now, after twenty years of wanting one, I finally have my very own rabbit! :D I adopted him from the humane society (same one where we got Ellie, our chocolate lab, two and a half years ago). He was only $5! Can you believe that? He came with a cage and a litter box (yeah, for all my non-rabbit friends and because I myself had no idea, rabbits can be litter box trained just like cats!) I probably won't let him hop around everywhere though, cuz from what I've read...and seen...rabbits are chewers. Plus as much as Ellie wants to play with him, I just don't see that being a good idea. I'll still let him out of his cage for some bunny-exercise though.



He was named "Jumper" (probably just some stock name they threw at him). I've renamed him "Koben". He was found hopping around somebody's backyard and they managed to catch him and take him to the humane society.

Hurrah for our newest furry member! I am very excited. David saw me lying on the floor, my nosed pressed up against the bunny's and he said that I'm just like a little girl whose dream just came true! And that's exactly it! Yay!


--------

As for my writing, I am *almost* to 30,000. I will be after tonight. I decided last night that I need a health and wellness respite so I actually went to bed at a normal time. David got some type of the "blah" bug...which means that after he felt like blah all last week...my week was sure to come. I just hope I can kick it because the next four weeks are going to be brutal anyway. I can't add the yuckies to it!

Meanwhile, I've hit the mid-month sluff. I still am excited about writing and I actually know about where I want to go with my novel, but having the "blah" bug is making it difficult to actually sit down and write. Just have to keep plowing through. Now that it's more of a downhill count, it's a bit more exciting!

1 comment:

Please leave a name with your comment.