Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaNoWriMo (Day Two Complete)

This will be short, as I am tired.

Today I learned these things about my writing:

1. I cannot write in the daytime. I tried at 1:40pm. It was a lot of: "This isn't anything that I want or where I want my novel to go. What is this anyway? I guess I'll start over. Wait, this isn't right either. Guess I'll practice my clarinet instead."

Lesson learned: I need to write in the evening and late at night when I'm creative.

2. Thesaurus is my friend. As is my mom. Both are very useful tools as far as finding just the right word.

Lesson learned: get an even better thesaurus at some point; keep Mom-->she's the best!

3. I have a new schedule, or should I say, the same schedule that I am now going to say is more permanent: stay up until about 3:30 (say good morning to David as he gets up for work). Read in bed. Sleep until 11am or noon. Practice and do chores during the day. WRITE AT NIGHT (because as we learned from #1, I don't write well during the daytime hours).

Lesson learned: don't feel guilty about having a strange schedule; as a writer and a musician, you work the night shift.

4. I wrote better quality stuff today (after I attempted the afternoon writing, that is).

Lesson learned: write from the outline because it's a guide, after all; then you can divert into other scenes.

Word count for the day: 1893. (Although I did have to go back and add more as my first count was only just over 1300.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a name with your comment.