Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo (Day One Complete)

Well, I have started the journey of NaNoWriMo 2010. While I wanted to start last night at midnight (the first moments of November), the jam-packed weekend forced me to get some much-needed sleep instead.

However, I did make up for it slightly by writing 1862 words for the first day! (Remember, the goal is at least 1667.) That means I am actually slightly ahead.

I started at the very beginning of my story, which I may regret. I'm not sure. I didn't actually have the beginning much in mind so it hasn't quite started how I wanted it. However, perhaps it's better because I've at least started my characters now and I can always scrap the beginning later in the editing phase. Tomorrow I think I'll actually work on what I'd had outlined.

Since it was the very first day, though, I'm not disappointed at all. In fact, I now know just how many pages I have to write (both handwritten and typed) so that I can gauge how far along I am during the daily writing process.

Meanwhile, I don't know how frequently I will be able to update via blogging, but on the top-left is my running update of words written so you can always know where I stand!

Only 48,138 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a name with your comment.